It was a pretty nice little park. First we went up the mountain elevator, honestly, we had to walk through a cave in the mountain and then there was an elevator, I have never heard of such things. However, we did it, up to the top for a fabulous view. Once we reached the top, though, we found that this was not the mountain with the falls, so we went back down and over to the falls.

Where the water fall was, there was no mountain, only 250 stiars, oh my. We climbed them, Phia and I climbed under protest. Sophia couldn’t stop wimpering after the first 50 stairs or so. We reached a landing about half way up and stopped to admire the view, I was perfectly satisfied with this view, however Faron and Isabella wanted to continue up the very top, so on we went. About half way up the second flight of steps Phia starts kicking her shoes off. I have to stop her and grab her shoes before we lose them to the mountain forever, but we got them safely up and back down (Alexander ditched a sock at the first set of falls in
After reaching the top and being duly impressed by the view we had to go back down all those stairs. Faron did this with Alexander strapped to his front and phia in his arms, talk about nervous! I was a little worried, but he made it, and so did they.
After these falls we headed to the mountain top zoo, it really was too! Every where we walked was quite a hike. We only viewed about a third of the zoo before we were worn out and ready to go, but we had a great time. The giraffes were the best, you could buy crackers to feed them so the giraffes were literally coming up and being right in your face. It was pretty neat.
After those festivities we got in the car for our final trek, we were headed home. By then it was about 3, so we were hoping the kids would be tired and ready to lounge and nap on the drive, which worked from time to time. The girls were very ready to get home and see all their toys, Isabella dearly missed Pop’s baby and was busting at the seams to get to her.
We finally got home around 1:30 am, and boy were we happy to be here! I had almost forgotten what my house looked like, every where I walked it was like walking into a new room! We put the kids to bed and slept til 9!


2 comments:
WOW - so glad you made it home! I'm loving these pics, btw.
How COOL. I have been to 7 falls myself! When I was last there, it was evening. There was an Indian dance going on at the bottom. The falls were all lit up with many different colored lights. It was just beautiful. I was the only one (at about 15 years old) to go all the way to the top back then!
I'm taking the kids on a LONG LONG road trip this summer and actually Co. Springs will be our first stop , so we are going to try for 7falls and Garden of the Gods both. Of course, with teens, we can skip the zoo!
Post a Comment