Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dedication

Sunday Arianna was dedicated at our Church. It was a nice service, every church does dedications differently and I wasn't sure how ours did it, since I have never seen on there. I liked how they did it though, Pastor Michael talked about dedication being the parents acknowledging that the child is a gift from God, and that they are giving the child back to God basically. Asking God to guide and direct thier parenting and to raise the child correctly. He also read a "charge" to the extended familly asking them be a godly influence in the child's life and a godly help to us as parents. and a "charge" to the congregation to set a good example for the kids and to pray for and assist the families that were dedicating babies.
Anyhow, it was a good seivice, and here are some pictures.


This is the whole gang that was there. Both sets of Grandparents, and our family.



Pastor Michael with Arianna.




On a different note, here are some pictures of Ari playing in her walker. Her feet are about 10 inches off the floor, but she likes to sit there and look around at everything.


Alexander won't leave her alone for very long while she is there. Today he was sharing the teething toy with her.




6 comments:

annie said...

I really like the last picture. Arianna looks very sweet. She seems so tiny.
And your pastor looks a little scary. But he sounds nice. Levi and I will have to visit your church when we're there.

Anonymous said...

She is so precious. I think she looks like you in these pictures.

Sarah said...

your pastor must be awesome with such a sweet looking goatee!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The little ones are so precious. Just a great thing being able to see them grow by internet. Keep the picutes flowing... Grandma

Sallygram said...

That was good the way he gave "charges" to the onlookers. Asking the grandparents to back the parents and asking the congregation to be worthy of being the 1st Christians this kid will experience. Ari is changing so much, I love the pix. And Zander playing with her is so cute. The way she's just looooking at him...

Sara said...

Wow! I can't believe how much she's grown! She's beautiful, Vera - you guys do good work. ;)