Friday, November 16, 2007

"pretend Thanksgiving"

Since Anna and Levi were heading back to Hawaii the week before Thanksgiving we decided to have "Pretend Thanksgiving" last weekend. In hopes of it being "like the old days" but with a lot more kids, Anna called it "The old days: The Next Generation"
Nothing is quite like the old days when you throw in 7 kids under 6, but we all had fun anyway. The kids had a lot of fun playing outside since it was so nice.
Swinging in Aunt Lora and Uncle Lou's back yard.


What would two little boys to with a dog house except get in it?


Grammy dancing with the kids while we were in the final stages of getting all the food ready to dig into.


I tried several times to get a picture that really captured this, but I was laughing so hard that I never quite did it justice. Nehemiah was completely going psycho on this baby doll. He would shake his little face, then his whole upper body, then toss the baby. It was hilarious, and a little disturbing.


As much of the gang as I could get into one shot.

one of our goals for the day was to get a picture of all the cousins together, no easy task. This is the best one of mine, I haven't seen any from Gabe's camera yet, so I don't know if he fared any better.

One of the other goals was to get all the kids with Grammy and Pop and that whole attempt was nothing short of comical.

6 comments:

annie said...

that one of all the grandkids is good I think. I'm just sitting here waiting for Nathan to get home...so close to being a real live family again.

Micki said...

WOW! 7 kids psuedo still for photos! w2g!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fun "Thanksgiving". Totally loving all the kids and the grandparents.

Anonymous said...

looks like a three ring circus... but a fun one at that. Congrats on getting a good picture...

Sara said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES! What a fun day! The Grammy and Pop pics cracked me up, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Vera, these are great pictures! I love the one with all the kids together. I haven't seen you forever. I wanted to e-mail you, but I don't even have your address! Sick kids have kept me out of church forever. Hope to see you this weekend.--Jessica Salas