Sunday, August 31, 2008

Picking apples

As I have mentioned before, we have an apple tree in our front yard that we didn't know was an apple tree until...hey it grew apples. So we picked some :)






Ari likes the apple tree. She runs for it when we go outside now, so I have to keep her away from apples that have fallen off the tree.

The neighbors new puppies (who think they also live at our house) like the apples too. The little brown one was fetching the bad ones we tossed away.


Checking over the goods. These apples were made into yummy pies.
The lovely sunset that was going on behind the apple tree.

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

Apple picking! You have inspired me to plan an apple picking trip later this week. How fun to have an apple tree in your yard.

I know you've probably heard this a million times, but you really do have a beautiful family.

Sallygram said...

I wonder if it seems to Ari that magic Papa just reaches up like a giant, pulling fruit right out of a tree! I realize it's a dwarf tree, but it looks like Faron=no reason to get the ladder. How cool is it that you need merely step out your front door to pick apples, then while you're out there, cool puppy and sunset moments happen? Go God!

annie said...

growing your own apples in your front yard fits your family perfectly, I think. We had an orange tree in our last yard, but we never ever picked any or ate any. It scares me to pick things myself. I'd rather have someone else do it and the I'll buy them.

Anonymous said...

Lots of good things to eat in the fall and right out side your door. I bet they did make good pie, if you got them that far with Ari eyeing them.. hee hee..

Anonymous said...

Aw Vera, wonderful pics! Apples, berries...what else you got up there girl? :-) It looks like Ari really likes her apples.
Sunni

Micki said...

Jealous here! The darn tree rats got to our apples before I could pick them for canning. Bummer!