THere's not much that says Christmas enjoyment like an egg nog ice cream sandwhich. You can't tell by his face, but Kole was really enjoying being let in on this treat.
Xander was helping me out in the kitchen that morning. I thought that making the cranberries was a perfect job for him, since they explode. His face is him saying, "I hear it!!"
He also made the fruit and nutty rice, and the wassail. He was a busy helper. (Arianna helped make the red and green rolls the night before, but there was no camera going then.)
Our girl cousin tradition of making ginger bread houses with Ella.
Also a tradition, the roof always falls off. This year the whole stinkin house fell flat eventually. I did get some tips and a new icing recipe from some crafty friends, so the girls will be trying another house soon.

Lunch time!
Xander enjoyed the Oreo balls/truffles/death by chocolate.
always trying to get a good group picture. This one worked out pretty well for a last minute idea. Wait, before we open presents, lets get a picture of them all.
And then, finally it was present time.
LOts and lots of opening.
Xander has been waiting and waiting for Lane to open this helicopter we got him. He was itching to get his hands on it.
Xander's new lap top. He told Faron later, "papa, whenever you are working on your laptop, I'll work on mine"
Pretty clothes!
Koley got in on the opening too. He just saw all Sophia's bday opening, and had his own birthday presents, so he was ready to rip off the paper.
Lane unwrapped this present and saw...a cereal box. He was not amused. He said, "Cereal?" and tossed it aside.
Tenna had to prove to him that it didn't actually have cereal inside. He was happier after the box was opened.
The scene.
Lane and Xander ran off to play with the present Lane got him. Nothing better than cars and airplanes.
Kole really likes Ari's vacuum too.
and Isabella had to try out Xander's laptop while he was distracted with cars. In her pretty new dress.
Isabella has wanted a sewing machine forever. She finally got one and is sooooo excited. I heard her say to Sophia, "Ok, Sophia, I'm Martha Stewart and I'm going to teach you how to sew", so I knew I had to grab the camera.
Ari, vaccuming while holding the baby, I don't know where she get's such ideas :)
Kole's music toy. He pushes the buttons to make it play a song then dances and dances.
He likes the little mirror on it too.
Ahhh, it was a fun time.


2 comments:
I like that Ari is the only one dressed up in the group picture. Little princess. Definitely sounds like fun to make Christmas go on that long. And it gives the kids time to appreciate each present more.
What fun we had. Good hints on Christmas presents this year, it really helps Santa Grandmas a lot. Ari dressed for work was great, where were her fancy shoes? She had on a pair that were a size and a half too big with her dress. Wonderful memories...
Post a Comment