Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Maddness

The snow is melting now and the temps are a little bit warmer, but I've got more pictures of what the kids did to entertain themselves when there was an arctic freeze out and we couldn't go out at all. Before an impending storm I ran to the library and the store to get supplies. Some of those supplies included a pipecleaner art book, and a couple bags of pipe cleaners. The next morning I turned them loose.



Sophia figured out how to make glasses, so pretty soon everybody had some.

rings were a big hit too, many of them having super hero powers.


Isabella made this doll
and she made herself into a super hero

I wish Isabella was beside me right now so she could remind me of all the powers they had. I know that Xander's ring shot ice, and the other hand shot webs. Isabella's neck was a tractor beam which would suck her unsuspecting victims towards her. Her sun shapped bracelet shot something out of each beam, though I can't remember what. They were well equipt.

Another indoor favorite, wrestling with Papa. Not being a boy myself, this just looks like chaos with danger at every turn, so I usually find something to do in the other room. This time I took some pictures first, before busying myself in the kitchen.
they all pile on, and under.
Kole has to be right in there too


With so many playmates to chose from, there's no need to be bothered by being housebound.

3 comments:

Grandma H said...

Great way to spend the day. I love all the things made out of pipe cleaners. Good glasses. What a pile up in the living room. Who won?

annie said...

It's true. rings do carry power. good book.

Sallygram said...

Those are some WAAAYYYY creative pipe cleaner inventions! How fun that must be to have creative siblings---that you live with as a child. Seems cool to me. And a big ol papa to pile up on? Awesome.