Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things going on in the house while it's snowing and snowing and snowing outside.

There's still tons of snow on the ground and in the air. Unfortunately it's too cold to even go play outside. An actual temp of -2 isn't bearable, no matter how many layers you're wearing. So, there's been lots of action going on in the house these past couple of weeks.

For instance, sometimes, you need to shoot bad guys, but you also need to hold your baby (rabbit), so, that handy ammo belt can also double as a baby sling.
Just what every mobster family needs.

We pulled the couch out one day in search of Polly. She wasn't back there, but the little kids discovered a wonderland of play space back there.




Sometimes, you just need some underwear and some imagination. It's no secret that Xander's not a fan of actually wearing underwear, however, he's been using it as a prop a lot lately.
See, when you put it on this way, you're a horse. The white around your face is the white down the sides of a horse's face, and that leg hole at the top, where your hair sticks out, well, that's your mane.


See, we're horses.




Other times, like the next morning for example. Underwear doesn't make you a horse, it makes you the underwear monster. (see, no mane)
Kole got in on this one too.
He kept bringing the underwear over to have it put on, then he promptly took it off, and wanted it on again.

then, like any good underwear monster, you must find someone to attack.

6 comments:

annie said...

that was a funny post. I tried to get a laugh out of Nathan but he's much too proper for an update about underwear.
I like the one of Ari and Xander being horses, and Xander has his arm around his sister horse.

annie said...

oh yeah, and that ammo belt turned baby sling is hilarious. Can you tell he has 4 siblings?

Vera said...

never would have guessed that about Nathan, if it was a post about underwear in it's proper usage, I'd be with him

Sallygram said...

My new name for Nathan, "Queen Victoria". He's got to be a direct descendant. I of course found it hilarious! As will my sisters! I love the way Ari and Xander are still side by side, and that gotta-love-a-baby look Ari has for Kole. I love their imaginations! And starting my day off with hard laughter.

Grandma H said...

YEA... good pictures and great under wear usage. Got a good laugh out of those pictures. Hee hee. Sure doesn't take a bunch of money and fancy toys to make them have a good time. I bet you were cracking up while taking the pictures too... funny.

Aunt Marilyn said...

Thank goodness someone finally explained how you become a horse for me! I've been wondering what to do with all the underwear that's laying about. That mane thing is especially important to get just right. Good tips!