Monday, July 05, 2010

playing at the beach

It is our goal to make it over to the beach a lot more often this year. It is less than a mile away (I'm guessing...) and I think we only went once or twice last year. It's a crying shame. So, we're not doing so well on our odds this year, but we did get there for the second time this summer, last week.
Faron took some days off and made his 4th weekend into a 5 day, so on Thursday we headed over to the beach. Kole didn't go last time, so this was his first time there.

Here's his first step into the water.

Ari had a blast. She had on her little water wings and just ran all over the place. In typical independent Ari fashion, I had to keep an eye on her and keep making her come back over to where the rest of us were.

Koley had a lot of fun in the water too. The beach is so great because it's such a gentle slope, and all sand bottom, so there's lots of room for even the little kids to walk and swim before it gets deep. Kole walked all over the place.



The big kids love it too, for the same reason. They can go out a long way from the sand before they can't touch.

and it's surrounded by a pretty park.


Sophia swimming, and Faron dodging her splash.

little buddies.
Surfer dude

1 comment:

Grandma H said...

Good day at the beach I see. Nikolas looked like he was taking to it like a duck takes to water. I see the rest of the kids were having a great time too. Good cheap fun.