Ari had fun in the preschool room every day making crafts, learning songs, bible stories, games and having snacks. I witnessed her having fun, but if you ask her anything about having fun at vbs the answer is "NO"
The big kids started out the morning dancing in the sanctuary with some of our awesome teen helpers while the teachers got their areas ready. After that they had half an hour of great skits, and worship provided every day by our worship pastor and youth band.
This year all the kids offerings were going to support living water international, a ministry that builds wells in countries that don't have clean drinking water. In this picture Xander's checking out the dirty drinking water that got passed around while the ministry was being explained. I can't remember exactly how much money was raised, but it was well over 200 dollars by the end of the week. More than enough for the kids to have built a well.

Xander's first class was bible stories, which happened in this boat on the Amazon river. (our theme was rainforest)

Xander was ecstatic to have his good buddy Arie (the other Arie, not his sister Ari) in his class. They were so cute, every time I saw them through out the day they were sitting together, often in the same chair. And they were laughing and giggling.

The day we did fruit kabobs for a snack I was on the watch for kids using their skewers as swords. Naturally the only kid that actually did that was mine. Thankfully he didn't skewer anyone, but he and Arie had a nice game of Star wars, speaking to each other in Yodaisims.



Here's Arianna in the preschool room learning her dance to perform on the final day at the parent show. The song was super cute "every day, I'm growing up, a little bit, a little bit"
This picture is proof that Ari actually did dance, just not on stage thank you!


The girls love the dance/music class. 30 minutes of dancing every day is right up their alley!


Games outside every day. It was at least 100 degrees every day, if not more. Excessive heat advisories each day. So the games were, of course, water games. The kids got wet every day either with sprinklers, waterballoons, or one day a slip and slide!


Ari putting her money in the offering.

Craft time is a big hit too. Actually every class was a hit. Here are some crafty pictures.


Snacks! That's where I was helping, so I got to see each of the kids everyday when they came to get their snacks. We really tried for healthy snacks this year. So here they are eating their fruit kabobs. We gave a few mini marshmallows to go on the Kabobs too. Sophia asked if the marshmallows where healthy and I said, no, but all the fruit is. Sophia pondered for a minute and said, "so it's kind of like, keep the kids happy, and healthy". Exactly.

On the last day, not so much with the healthy, just with the happy :)
Here's Ari during game time in the preschool land.

When the preschoolers moved from one area to another they had to hold the rope. 20 preschoolers in a row...
Practicing for the big show.

During the parent show friday night Ari didn't dance, not even a little. She wasn't scared, and didn't cry, but no moving, or smiling.


Sophia danced her heart out though!
Xander was on stage for about 10 seconds before he got freaked out and I had to bring him down, then he was done with the whole performing thing, wouldn't go up for his classes' next song.
Isabella loved it!






The kids had a great time at VBS!


3 comments:
wow. I'll have to get Levi involved next year. I kinda assumed he was too young!
Levi saw a picture of xander and said "xander! he's my best friend. I super miss him."
Aswesome
What a wonderful time they must have had. You can see it on the expressions on their faces. Great time...Great Memories.
Post a Comment