Sunday, November 07, 2010

A Fall Walk

Today was a beautiful day, so after church and lunch Faron told everyone to get ready for a "hike". We all went out and walked around our property, parts of it are pretty overgrown, so it did feel like hiking a little.

Kole had a little walking stick, for about 30 seconds.








Technically this one is a family portrait, as my shadow appears in the bottom right hand corner :)


A pile of kids on the hammock!




Xander found a sword like stick which he used to fight down many evil overgrown weeds.
He also found a discarded headband beside the trampoline, which he put around his waist, to hold his sword.


Ari, being a little beauty in the wilderness. Once when she was walking in front of me she fell into a pile of grass and laid there for a minute, so I snapped a picture. She turned around and asked what I took a picture of, and when I said it was of her she stood up and kept walking, only to fall about every 3rd step to give me ample opportunity to photograph her.


It's hard to walk through waist high grass, when your a little bitty thing.



Xander and Sophia were being Bambi, bounding through the grass.



I don't know what these things are, but they made a pretty good wall for Faron to bulldoze a path through.
Watching papa bulldoze inspired Xander to undertake the same task, he did pretty well, and felt pretty good about it too. See his tuff guy face.





After all that hard work he had to strip down a bit, and show off his muscles.


Once we got to the top of the big hill Papa decided we should lay down and look at the sky for a while, it was quite beautiful.

Explaining "looking at the sky" to a nearly 2 year old leads to a funny conversation.
"Kole, we're looking at the sky"
Where? I don't see it?

"Right there, up there, that's the sky, right there"
Nope, he's convinced there's nothing there to look at.





Then some running up and down the hill.




And, ending our time out side with burning bush lips!

3 comments:

annie said...

There was so much hair in that post! I think it's so neat that all the girls have oodles of brown hair and the two boys have pretty blonde hair. And, funny that Xander is the ONLY one with curly hair! Looked like a fun walk. Xander is looking pretty old these days.

Sarah said...

1. Your house is beautiful! and
2. I have that same Seeds shirt!

Grandma H said...

ahhh out in the wilds of Exc Springs. Looks like a lot of fun for your outing. I think Nikolas did not believe you, Memories..