
So, I have finally jumped in, I am bloggin.
I think this will be fun, I have never been faithful to keep a journal, but I often want to write, so I think this is the spot. I'm sure it will be a smorgasbord of random thoughts, soap boxes, kid quotes and stories, and picture gallery-ing (and making up words).
Kid quotes: This is Sophia's impression of Pop, so it is harder to tell than just a quote, but try to picture it. She says "Pop does..." and cocks her head sideways, raises her eyebrows, closes her eyes and starts making up a song. And he does, so she is right!
Isabella's word for the week is "flabby-oso" which is her version of Fabuloso, which is what I say as the Spanish form of Fabulous. No idea if it really is the spanish word, but that is what I say. Her word though, flabby-oso, is really just a great way to describe arms and such.
So, here is my random soap box for the day:
Why do kids play "monster"? Why do cartoons feature monsters? Is there some logical reason (aside from it being a great idea of Satan's) that we inadvertently teach our children that evil and dark spiritual forces are pretend and funny? How silly of us is that? If I am teaching my children about Christ and how to live the christian life, why would I not also teach them that we have an enemy who is real, not cartoonish?


No comments:
Post a Comment