
Kids are loud, I don't think they can be any other way. It is just in their nature, especially if you are on the phone, or the baby is almost asleep, or you are trying to hear something. Faron is working from home today, and he spends most of his day on the phone on one meeting or another, so it is fun trying to keep them quiet and away from him. They have done pretty well though, considering the circumstances.
We have tried to do quiet things, played computer games, watched 2 movies (shhh, don't tell), colored, looked at books, stuff like that. We have had to stay up in my bed room, so our options are limited, but the work day is almost finished, so I think it has been a success.
I just had to stop typing to go get Alexander and set the girls up coloring while I feed him. As I was walking away Isabella starts saying, "How can a young man keep his way pure? According to the word." That is from watching the Donut Man movie today, so maybe the movies weren't so bad.
My friend Melissa from Austin called me today, I don't think I have talked to her for at least a year. That is about how often we communicate, once a year or so. It is still nice to keep in touch. She catches me up on all the friends I had from living in Austin, none of whom (aside from her) do I have any contact with. Our middle daughters are about 1 month apart, and our sons are 5 months apart, so we are in similar circumstances!


1 comment:
What about this friend in Austin ;)
Lovin' the blog. I think you're developing a voice and a way of writing that I haven't quite seen from you before...It's wonderful.
We need to chat soon. If I could just get your number from a scrap of paper into my cell phone...
Post a Comment