
Alexander started eating puffed rice cereal today. He thinks it is great. This evening he learned that banana mush is like glue for this cereal.

So after this gluing experience he had to be cleansed, which he does not think is great, in fact he is pretty sure it is evil. He hates having his face or hands wiped, he screams when put into the sink for a bath. The easies (but not most efficient) way to clean him is to take him to the sink and rinse his hands off. Tonight's gluing required more. Since our bath tub is currently out of service, the shower was his only option. He is not fond of the shower, with me holding him or crawling on the shower floor, he is not sure what that falling water is all about. However, he can now sit very well on his own, so tonight I sat him up in the shower. Started him out as far from the water as he could be, and moved him closer over time. He actually enjoyed it. He played in the shower for about 15 minutes!
Isabella, on the other hand, would live in the shower...honestly. Shower or bath, she doesn't care. She could stay in there all day. She usually outlasts Sophia by a good 15 minutes. Their favorite is when I give them shaving cream in the shower. We started this about a year ago I think. I was trying to think of the least messy way to let them "draw" in shaving cream and the shower seemed perfect. Some times they get tons (all over the walls) and sometimes I only give them a handful. They LOVE it.



No comments:
Post a Comment