Monday, April 24, 2006

5 years

Friday was my 5 year wedding Anniversary. We didn't do a whole lot to celebrate, because we are going on vacation next week, so we couldn't really hoopla it up. Plus Faron had to go to work that night at 8, but was back around 10 so we got to spend some time together and reflect a little. 5 years, 3 homes, 3 kids, 2 dogs, lots of experiences.
It has been a good 5 years. We have a wonderful relationship and really love each other and enjoy each other’s company. I couldn't be happier with the life and the family that God has given me.

In keeping with my responsibility to that family that God has given me, I spent Friday and Saturday at a 9-3ish at a home school conference. It was pretty good, I took 6 or 7 seminars, looked at tons of products and curriculum. I didn't learn anything major, but it was all good and insightful.

Yesterday afternoon it was actually warm enough to let the kids play in some water outside. They have been wanting to since about January! I didn't want to blow up the whole kiddie pool thing, so we brought out these two storage tubs and they each had their own little pool. They had fun and played in there for about an hour. Alexander, who now loves water (doing a complete turn around since his days of hating the bath) stood up on the side of Sophia's "pool" the whole time. Periodically he would bend down, grab a hand full of grass and drop it in her water. She enjoyed that (sarcasm)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Vera!

Hard to see the pictures of the kids playing in water when today we were wearing coats at the park!
Where is our warm weather? Guess that is living in Missouri for ya!