I am reading another organizational book, this one is called "Get more done in less time" by Donna Otto. It is a pretty good and informative book, I am enjoying it.
This is one of my favorite concepts out of the book, it can be found on page 49, if you’re interested.
"I have learned to ask myself a very important question before adding any activity to my life. The question is: Can someone else do it?"
"There are three, four, or maybe five things in life that only I can do...those things come first, everything else is optional."
So, I made my list of my "things that only I can do"
1. I alone am responsible for my relationship with God.
2. I alone can be Faron's wife. Only I can learn, and provide, the things that he needs from me.
3. I alone can be my children's mother, understanding, shaping and caring for them.
4. I alone can manage my house to the benefit of all that live here.
That is what I have come up with so far, I will add to it if I think of anything else. These are my priorities in life, if anything that I do interferes with these things, it should be removed.
Another quote from this book that I liked is actually a quote from another book "Poetics of Music". Igor Stravinsky, a famous composer, said, "My freedom thus consists in my moving about within a narrow frame that I have assigned myself....My freedom will be so much greater and more meaningful, the narrower I limit my field of action...Whatever diminishes constraint, diminishes strength. The more constraints one imposes, the more one frees oneself of the chains that shackle the spirit."
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment