Sunday, September 03, 2006

very sad

Isabella cut her hair today, her own hair. This is the second time, I am not happy about it. Last time she cut just a couple inches off of one strand, doesn't really stand out that much. This time she cut a lot. Several chunks. I saw the pile on the floor and started to freak.

I don't know why it is such a big deal to me, but I cried, for a long time, and I don't normally cry. She is a beautiful girl, and she still is, even with choppy hair. But still, that is her beautiful hair she just chopped up. How do you explain that to her without sounding vain and encouraging vanity?

I can't tell her that her hair looks bad or silly now, cause I don't want that floating around in her head. But I do not want this to happen again! UGH! So I went the " I'm not going to be able to put it into a pony tail or braid or anything" route. And the "this is going to take a long, long time to grow out" route.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Vera I would be VERY upset about this too! My girls hair doesn't grow fast at all...four years and we still don't have as much hair as you have on the floor. I am so fearful hair being cut I watch them like a hawk IF I let them use scissors. I'm sorry.

SevenHappyScrappers said...

What a bummer.. but, it's hair. It *will* come back, eventually (I know you don't need me to tell you that). And HONEY - you're supposed to be crying right now, remember? =)