Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Father Daughter Dance

We had our Father Daughter Dance at Church Sunday night. It had been rescheduled because of bad weather, so the girls were VERY ready for it to be here.
They slept in curlers the night before, and then sat through a curling iron touch up before the dance that evening, then they got to put on the dresses and be all princessie.


I was the "photographer" for this years dance, so I practiced first on our girls, then took everyone else's pictures too. There were over a hundred people there so I stayed pretty busy taking pictures and didn't get to see too much of the dance. However I hear it was wonderful. Some ladies at the church transform the sanctuary into a pretty pink dance hall with lights strung around the walls and balloons everywhere, not to mention a disco ball and strobe lights.
Faron dancing with both the girls for the last dance, "Butterfly Kisses".

I think everybody had a great time and, like last year, Isabella and Sophia will be talking about it and looking forward to it until next year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that is just too precious...you're actually making me want a girl when you post mushy stuff like this! :) The girls look darling!! And to think, next year Ari will want to join in as well!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!! The girls looked beautiful!
I love the dresses!

Micki said...

How wonderful is that? I hope your legs are feeling better after all the bending and stopping. I know that your efforts were well worth it!

Anonymous said...

That is what Poppa and his girls are up to... Wonderful. Looks like a great time was had. And how pretty the girls were, young ladies to be sure.

annie said...

Was everyone pleased with their pictures by the photographer? Was it fun to take all the pictures?
The girls look very pretty, and I'm sure Faron was proud all night.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome church to do such a yearly event. It so prepares the girls for their future !!
YF

dani j. said...

aw, these photos are so sweet!

Thank you for all your awesome comments on my blog Vera, they're so sweet. They seriously make me so happy when I read them!

Vera said...

I haven't passed out people's pictures yet, but I received them in the mail yesterday, so people will pick them up at Church this weekend. I think they turned out well, not phenomenal, but good, so hopefully everybody will be pleased. I had fun and it was a very educational experience. Hopefully I will have more opportunities to practice :)

Anonymous said...

I love how content they look on Papa's chest!
Grammy