Sunday, November 26, 2006

Swimming



The girl's favorite part of our vacation was the swimming pool. We knew this would be the case, in fact that was our main planned activity. When we were beginning to think of this vacation we knew we would want a hotel with an indoor pool so the kids could swim! We swam every day that we were there.
Isabella can walk if it is 3 feet, so she walks all over the place in the shallow end, and this pool also had a ledge that went all the way around the pool, so she could walk around the deep end too. Only once did she slip off that ledge and go underwater on accident, but I was nearby to pull her up and it didn't detour her from heading right back to it.
Sophia likes to be in the water, but she has no desire to be under the water, nor does she want any freedom in the water. She loves it, as long as some one is holding her, or she is on someone's back.
Alexander loves being in the water, but I'm not really sure what he wants while he is there, he is always trying to get down, which really isn't wise. However, he is not scared one little bit when his head goes under water. He doesn't swallow water so he isn't coughing or anything, he just comes up blinking and laughing. He loves to sit on the side of the pool and jump in, he learned the sign for "more" very quickly to accomplish this.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a pattern with Alexander! He seems to certainly be a boy with adventure issues. I think Levi will be the same. He's not scared of anything, already.

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! I love all these pics, Vera.. thanks for the look into Hopper-land. ;)