Monday, February 05, 2007

persuasion

Isabella is learning the power of persuasion. Yesterday I was going to go to the grocery store alone, but then all the kids were asleep except Isabella, so I asked her if she wanted to come with me, I don't get alone time with her very often. She said she wanted to come, so I told her to go get ready. She decided to go very quietly into her room, so she wouldn't wake up Sophia, cause she didn't want her to come. However, when she walked into her room, Sophia had just awakened. First Isabella came running out of her room crying cause Sophia was awake, but after I assured her that she could still come with me, alone, she went back down to get ready.
When she passed Sophia I heard, "I am going with Mama, but (turn on sweet happy voice) you get to stay here with Papa and maybe watch a movie or something"
Sophia, "Where are you going?"
Isabella, "To the grocery store, pretty boring, huh?"
Then she walked away, hoping it had worked.

3 comments:

annie said...

oh my...I didn't know we could figure those things out so early. At least it was sweet persuasion rather than snotty.

Anonymous said...

That is cute Vera! I'm sure you would have enjoyed some alone time by yourself but spending time with just one child when you have multiple is priceless! :)

Anonymous said...

She is smart. Haha!