Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birthday goodness

Well, finally here are some pictures from Alexander's birthday party. I'm having issues with my "country internet" and it takes forever for me to load pictures!
Anyway, we had a lovely party here at the house, Pop manned the grill for us since Faron was still recovering. It was a hot job but the burgers and hot dogs came out great.




























The kids love the hammock swings on the back porch. From these pictures you can't really see it, but from the back Lane and Alexander look a lot alike and it can be confusing. Lane did just get a hair cut though, so they don't have matching curls anymore.
































Sophia was having some fun with the birthday hats.

























Let the present opening begin!





















Alexander's room is going to be decorated in a safari theme, and he loves Elephants, so Grammy and Pop got him 2 elephants, and Aunt Lora and Uncle Lou got him the big one that he is sitting on in the rest of these pictures. Once he opened it, he wouldn't get off.
He also got many pairs of shoes (he is a shoe boy) and a new truck (the party was a "Cars" theme so you can guess how much he is into cars and trucks!) some clothes, bath toys and instruments! HE is well set!









































































Xander had a "Cars" cake and as soon as I brought it out while we were singing Happy Birthday he grabbed the car off of it and started driving it around the "road" on the cake!

















playing with Uncle Lou







































We had a great party!

5 comments:

annie said...

oooh, I love the great big elephant he's sitting on. I like the picture where he's sitting on one elephant and holding the other one in his arms.
by the by...all the space in your entries freaks me out!

Anonymous said...

Why can't I get totally cool artsy pictures in the hammock like you did!? LOL Sigh...I think it's the camera...I just need a digital SLR ;) I'm glad everything turned out well...the boys had a blast! We've got those same "construction boots" in nearly every size beginning with size 1 infant shoes! :D They're *too* darling! Loved the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun party! He is just too cute! Hope Faron is feeling better after the other day.

Anonymous said...

Great party... Cant believe our little A turned 2, seems like yesterday he was only a baby... G

Sallygram said...

I know THAT'S right, Grandma! He was just a baby, and now he's a full blown personality. And he's a prince among princesses! What a joy that it's always someone's birthday at Hopper Holler.