Well, the kids HATE it and it cracks me up. The first morning that we did it, I had Arianna in the baby backpack and the other three were walking. Alexander starts crying as soon as we walk down the hill to get to "the field", he knows he is in for some walking and he isn't excited about it. The girls start whining, "why do we have to walk around here?" "Do we really have to do this?" "I don't have any strength left" "I'm to tired!!!" and stuff like that.
My favorite is Isabella's "How am I supposed to walk in this tall grass??!!" (there are fox tails that were about mid calf on her). I tried to convince here that it was ok and she would be fine but she wasnt' so sure. So, I called her a city girl ("hello pot, this is kettle, you're black") and told her to buck up. she informed me that she likes the city better than the country, horses or no.
So Alexander cries, serious crying, the WHOLE time we are walking. I'm crackin up at all of them. When we walk back to the house both girls inform me that they are NEVER doing that again.
Well, we have done it every day and it is pretty much the same thing every day, Alexander cried, the girls whine, Ari thinks it's just peachy. Surprisingly, Sophia is a lot better about it than Isabella, which I never expected. Sophia is an inside kind of girl and Isabella loves to be outside, so I though it would be the opposite, but Isabella does not like physical labor (she says "I'm not that kind of person") so I guess that is why.
At this point it is still funny, but I am on the hunt for a cheap double jogging stroller, for mister cry bucket.
*************************************************
Alexander's closet has double sliding mirror doors, which the girls have dubbed jail. So they lock eachother in jail several times a day and today I heard Isabella lock Sophia in jail and Sophia play yells "let me out, I've changed my ways!"**************************************************
Potty training stories, that are unfortunately happening on carpet now, instead of wood like in the old house. Today we had poo-ing on the stairs, which is fun. Then later it was naked tushied (the boy takes off whatever he has on all the time) potty accident while he was playing with Ari. She was playing on the tile by the fire place and was soon splashing happily around in an accident. So I had to leave Xan and the puddle, grab Ari and run to the sink to wash her and strip off her clothes. Fun stuff.
Funniest though, was Xan sitting on the potty saying he was done, and I said, "try again, make your potty come out" he thought about it for a minute then turned is palms up in a shrug and said "how?"
Funniest though, was Xan sitting on the potty saying he was done, and I said, "try again, make your potty come out" he thought about it for a minute then turned is palms up in a shrug and said "how?"


5 comments:
Just catching up on all the things happening at the Hopper ranch. Got to be fun place.
Oooooooooo I like that term, "Hopper Ranch". Where there's always something to splash in. Ari and Zan are going to love that story when they're older. I'm interested in the progress of the city kids stamina. I have always been that way too, find zero joy in exercise of any kind, didn't want to be on the swim team like my sisters. But, truly, it has been demonically hot this week for the city girls.
Ok, the "changed my ways" comment cracked me up.
Like your kids need t.v. or movies on a regular basis?! They've got more imagination than a whole season of shows!!! ;) LOVED the whole "jail" lockup scene! LOL My M apparently felt the need to keep up with Xan in the potty stories...mine couldn't wait for G to be done and so peed on him. Yeah, gotta love the gross funnies of being a parent! LOL :D
Oh how cute! I always love your kids stories! They tickle me.
Post a Comment