Sunday, September 09, 2007

zoo trip

We went to the zoo last week, the kids and I that is.  It was a fun trip, though we were all very tired when it was over!  We were there for 4 hours, and only saw about 1/3 of the zoo.  

Alexander loves Elephants, so that was our first stop, we watched the Elephants spray water and dirt on themselves for a long time.  The first thing Alexander said was "Elephants!  Ride it?"
We also saw lots of monkey/baboon/whatever's, we walked through the "Africa" section of the zoo, so those are the types of animals we saw.
We also happened to lose a pacifier and a shoe at the zoo, so if you go to the zoo and see a monkey wearing one pink flip flop and sucking an a yellow pacifier, you are walking the same path we did!

We were there to have a fun zoo trip, but the underlying motive for me was that I needed some more pictures for Alexander's room.  He is going to have a safari theme and I have some cool Giraffe and Elephant pics, but I wanted some more choices.  So, these are some of my favorites.







5 comments:

annie said...

ooh, I have some cool animal pictures from our trip to the zoo here. I can pick some safari-ish ones out and email them to you if you're looking for more.

Sallygram said...

Those are grand. I like the blue color behind the Koala bear, that would be a good room color or trim color!

Sara said...

I. am. a hippo collector.

I so, so love that picture.

Anonymous said...

vera, what kind of camera do you use???

-audrey

(my email is silverbelle513@yahoo.com)

Vera said...

Audry, that seems to be a popular question these days! I have a Nikon D70s