Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Piano

The girls and I started taking piano lessons a few weeks ago. The girls are having fun with it, I knew Isabella was ready, she's been playing around on the piano a lot lately, but I wasn't sure how Sophia would do, she still has cute little baby hands. But she is doing great. The complain about having to practice every day, but once they start going it's fun.
I haven't played in a long time, so I'm kind of starting over, but it's been fun. I need the motivation of knowing I have to practice before my next lesson :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I have always wanted to learn how to play. Wish we had room for one in our house. I think it's really good for kids to learn how to play music of some kind.

annie said...

I so wish we had a piano. I could really get into it anew I think. Without the stress that childhood playing brings, like feeling as if you're gonna be in so much trouble every week from your piano teacher if you're not perfect. I hated that.

Annette said...

Here's Ann's advice: When they hear a song that they just LOVE and you catch them singing it, do whatever it takes to find the piano music for it and get their teacher to teach them to play it. Playing what they love, (in addition to all the other learning stuff) is the single most important factor in determining the success of their lessons!! Good luck! I am a piano player too and love playing my old Kansas tunes, and I have been learning Lord of the Rings songs lately. Jordan plays the Rohan theme and I love the "Return of the King" Don't quit!!!