Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toenails

When we started school for the year, we also started a new "allowance" type program. We've wanted to do allowance for a while, but I don't really want to always have the kids buying candy and toys, so I hadn't quite figured it out yet. Finally I decided on making our own money and a list of what privileges and activities they kids can buy with their money.
All that to say, the first thing the girls bought was getting to paint their own toenails. Normally I paint them for them, after they ask me 100 times and I keep putting it off. So on this day they got to go outside and paint their own, and it was quite an occasion.





6 comments:

annie said...

looks a little alarming, but I'll bet they did have lots of fun. That's a good idea to do that instead of money.

Anonymous said...

It appears that Sophia paints her toenails the way I do. No prob....the paint on the skin peels right off when you take a soapy bath !!
YFA

Anonymous said...

good job done. The best part is they did it them selves...

Anonymous said...

Well, they may not grow up to be nail techs, but sure makes for some amusing photos.

-Melissa

Sallygram said...

Well, gee Vera, why did you always paint the tonails for them? ;)

Micki said...

That is TOO funny!