Faron had to leave this morning, to fly to Chicago, around 4:45. So about 4:15 he is getting ready to get into the shower and I awaken to Sophia screaming bloody murder. I run down stairs and she is covered in vomit, Isabella is awake so I send her up to get into my bed, Alexander has also been awakened by the screaming and is now doing some screaming of his own. However, my priority is to get the dirty girl clean. Faron is in the shower up stairs, so I take Sophia into the downstairs shower, then go get Alexander out of his crib.
Convincing a 2 year old to stick her face under the water, at 4 am when she has just awakened out of a deep sleep to find herself covered in goo, is not an easy task. Eventually I get her clean and wrapped in a towel. We all go up to my room now and talk to Papa. I decided to let them stay up with him until he had to leave, then we would all go back to bed.
So, while they are chatting with Papa over his breakfast I run down to throw the sheets and blankets into the washer. When I come back up the stairs Alexander is in the bath because he threw up all over the kitchen floor. While Faron is cleaning him up, Sophia throws up once again (at what age do kids gain the ability to say “I am going to vomit” so that you can at least get them over a trash can or something?).
The time comes for Papa to leave, so we see him off. Once he is gone I tell the girls to go get in my bed while I put Alexander to bed. Walking him to his bed, he throws up once again, right outside his bedroom door ( am I ever glad for hard wood floors). Finally get him clean and ready and put him to bed, then crawl into bed myself. At least they slept until 8:30!
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh I know how you feel Vera! Trinity did the same thing last week. Hope all is better now!
Post a Comment