
Every time Faron is away I once again come to the realization that I would not be a good single mom! Without him here I am so much less motivated to do the day to day stuff that needs to be done. I have nothing to look forward to at the end of the day (except the kids going to bed). There is no relief at the end of the day, no one to share the load.
But even beyond day end relief, I think that just knowing that I have him supporting me, that we are in this together, is a great motivator. If I didn’t have him around would I be strong enough to make the hard decisions? Would I keep the movies turned off? (The girls had been 2 full weeks without a movie, until the day he left. In my defense however, everybody was sick that day, so I decided to let them lounge and watch one movie. It has also been my decision to keep them movie free for the last two weeks, and me that it is hard on during the day. But knowing that he is with me gives me the extra boost of strength to get it done) Would I keep the sugar out of the house? Would I put in the time and effort to train the kids to do their own chores?
Now I know that if I actually was a single mom my life would be different because I would have to be working, therefore it wouldn’t be the same issues. However, this is the life I know, so I don’t know what it would be like in that aspect. Truthfully, I would probably be moving into my parents basement!
Anyway, when he is not here I have no solid reason to need to get the dishes done before he gets home, or have supper cooked and on the table when Taco Bell sounds better anyway. It makes me wonder if it is like that for women who’s husbands just aren’t that involved, who don’t back them and support them. Do they lose their motivation to do the hard things, to keep up with the daily grind, because they have no one waiting for them at the finish line? How sad that would be.
I am anxiously awaiting my husbands return. And I will be spending the morning cleaning!


3 comments:
Wow. I totally know how this feels. When John travels I watch a lot of TV and don't accomplish much at all. It's boring and empty. I can't imagine how it will be when he travels when the kids start college.
You're lucky to have such a wonderful, supporting husband. I say frequently that single mothers are my heros - I don't know how people do it.
Funny. I could change Faron to Chris and girls to boys, and you have my story written too. I think I'll go and give Chris a hug. You've reminded me to appreciate him a little more today! Thanks Vera.
Post a Comment