Sunday, July 15, 2007

Workin like a dog

We spent a lot of time outside this weekend sweating in the heat! We have had these two big old piles of wood chips in our yard since last summer when we had some trees cut down and this weekend we moved them!
Last weekend Faron got the "pool" (read: trash pit) cleaned out so the pile in the back went to fill in the pool shaped indentation. Then we moved most of the pile in the front to refill our walk way and front landscaping.
That was some hard work let me tell you. I'm not much for heat, but we were able to get it all done, and even got the kids to help us, thanks to some cute shovels and a wagon from an early morning trip to target.

Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera out until we were about half done...















The kids were taking a little break, eating grapes and reading a book. Isabella, with a hand full of grapes says, "good Job Papa, that's hard work" and "the quicker you get that done the quicker we can get into the pool"











































They did help out for about an hour, which was longer than I expected them to be able to stick with it. It was a "fun" family project!















Then we got out the new pool (also thanks to that trip to Target) and they swam while we finished up.

























Ari and I joined them in the pool before we all came in to collapse into a nap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of work! With the heat, there is no way I would have been much use.

Sallygram said...

It's all practice for the family chores they'll have on the new "farm". You guys are awesome enough to pull off happy family work days. I read this one first, before 2 sprouts, but still I spied the sprouts in the last picture and got excited!