Monday, July 07, 2008

A splash of color

A few fireworks pictures from the weekend...Tonight we went outside for a little while after it finally cooled down and painted on the sidewalk. I got a recipe for sidewalk paint from this blog that I love to read, it is equal parts cornstarch and water, plus some food coloring. The kids loved it and I'm sure it will become a regular request.

Since we knew what was in it I guess it wasn't too shocking when Ari wanted to paint her tongue, repeatedly.




Eventually, as with all painting or coloring, the artist becomes the art.






Thus the need to clean up with the hose. Since this is a reoccurring art phenomena, we planned ahead and painted in our swimsuits.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How FUN! I'm going to do this. Ari is soooo cute! I can't believe how big she is.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vera,

I love the worm pictures, that is the kind of stuff you want to remember later on. I want to grow a berry patch because our kids love, love, love berries and they are expensive as all get out if you buy them at the store. Mark is afraid that the birds will eat them all. Do you have birds eating alot of them? I will have to try the painting on the sidewalk thing, Claire and Finn would really go for that.
Take Care,
Melissa
melissafollette@yahoo.com

annie said...

cool post. Whenever I let Levi make his painting debut ...definitely outside! I could never stand the mess inside. I like that picture of Xander holding up his hands. His little face is framed perfectly by his artsy hands.

Micki said...

Too cute - too fun!

Sallygram said...

You are such a good Mom, Vera. Freedom of Expression of One's Artsie Side is Paramount to Good Mothering. I'm just sayin'. With a Spoon, I could eat em. So cute. Thanks.

Christina said...

What awesome firework pictures! Looks like the kids are having so much fun being artistic outside! You are such a good and patient Mom!