Saturday, April 07, 2007

Birthday Party!!!

Yesterday was Isabella's birthday party! She had a princess party which was just lots of fun!


Part of the group of kids, the cousin part.



Here are the kids making thier first craft, a treasure box. They got to decorate them, and later when they found thier treasure they got to put it into the box.



The girls are wearing their second craft, the crowns. Each of the kids got to decorate thier crowns and wear them for the
rest of the party.



I just love Isabella's face in this picture.




Isabella's least favorite part of her birthday is the blowing out of the candles. All eyes are on her, and she is expected to do something. And she does not. We had all the kids blow out the candles together, it took the pressure off. I still don't think she blew even a little.



and here is the cake. I had to include this picture because I think the cake turned out well! It was fun to make, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off.



Opening presents...




and presents...




our treasure hunt! This turned out to be a lot of fun, but it was another thing I was wondering if I could pull off! All the kids were under 5 so I couldn't really make a map, or have written directions. I took pictures of various objects in our house and those were the clues. The had to find the real object that the picture was of, for example, the piano. So when they got the clue that was a picture of the piano they had to go to the piano, and there find thier next clue. It worked out well in the end and the kids really enjoyed it.




Thier final clue led them to this "chest" which contained the treasure, bags of candy.
This is our frined Michael getting his treasure. I think he enjoyed the treasure hunt the most! He was very into finding the next clue. Once he found his treasure he went back and did the hunt again.



Isabella's party was also the first time that my Grandad got to meet his newest great granddaughter, Arianna.

4 comments:

annie said...

That cake is awesome! I'd be worried I couldn't do it either! I'll have to do something neat for Levi's even though no one will be here to enjoy it.
The party looks like it was fun. That treasure hunt was a good idea.
I'm surprised Isabella doesn't mind opening presents for all to see.

Anonymous said...

The kids had an absolute blast and it was so nice seeing you guys again (twice in a month...new record or something I think!)...Michael couldn't stop talking about going on treasure hunts for the rest of the day. It didn't really surprise me when he was the finder of the "special" egg during the Easter Egg hunt at church...he certainly had enough practice "hunting" for clues at the party! :)

Sallygram said...

It rocked, and I'll bet Isabella will actually remember it!

Sara said...

Totally precious pic w/your granddad and Ari, and I LOVE that the girls wore matching dresses! Adorable!