Monday, April 02, 2007

Isabella turns 5

Today was Isabella's 5th birthday! Yesterday Faron took us out to the Rainforest Cafe, which was lots of fun! The restraunt looks like a rainforest, with vines and trees and animals all over the place. Every once in a while there were some Elephants . Apes, and a lepoard that would start moving around and making noise. It was really a neat birthday dinner. I didn't take my camera in with us (gasp) so I only have pictures I took on Faron's phone and I have no idea how to download those, so that will have to wait.

So, today we took the day off of school and had a fun day. Faron took Isabella out for breakfasst, then she came home and opened a couple presents, one of which was a bath toy, so then she and Phia took a bath. After that we played outside for a while before we went off to our "special surprise". We went to open gym time at a gymnastics studio. The kids had SO much fun, they got to run around and play on all the equiptment. I had Arianna in the baby wrap and chased all the other kids all around for 2 hours! Alexander loved it, he could climb and jump and climb!


There was a smaller area where Alexander got to climb up this slanted rock climbing wall thing, then he got to jump into a pit of foam squares. I tried over and over to get a picture of him flinging himself into that pit, but he was too quick every time. He would run straight across the plateform and just bellyflop/free fall into that pit. I think it was his dream come true.



Isabella was so brave with all the climbing, I was surprised and very proud of her, she did so much! She swung from the rope, climbed across the course, and even dropped off the high bars into the foam pit!
This is her swinging off a plateform on the rope.


This is the bar that she climbed out onto and dropped into the foam pit. The first time she got up there to try I was terrified! I was very relieved when she got scared and came back down. But she went back up a few minutes later and I had to swollow my fear as much as she did! She got up there to try again and grabbed the bar. She was afraid to drop off, but at that point she had to and she did a great job. She hesitated for a second and then did it. After that she did it about a hundred time! You can't tell just how high it is in this picture, but it was a REALLY big drop.



This was the pit of foam she dropped into. Alexander's favorite part! After we got home he was still saying "blocks! blocks!"



Sophia stayed a little closer to the ground. She had lots of fun running around and playing with Alexander. She did get into the big foam pit, but she didn't jump off anything into it. She had fun on the trampoline, she did even swing on the rope once.



Here's her cake we made tonight, the big deal cake happens at her party.


Grammy and Pop stopped by tonight since they were in town and they brought Isabella this present. A prelude of presents to come.

2 comments:

annie said...

wow that sounds like fun. That whol gym thing! These are the kids of things I'll have to be in the know about when Levi's old enough...wherever we live.
I hope Isabella has a really fun party this weekend.

Anonymous said...

How fun! You'll have to tell me where the gym is because M won't let it go now...he was looking at the pictures with me and wants to go to the gym like Isabella now!