Monday, June 04, 2007

playing in the mud

Grammy and Pop stopped by for about an hour on Sunday, shince hey were driving by. The kids and I were outside, so we just stayed out there and played together.
After a while Isabella started digging in a hole she created by digging up a large rock. Then they got half a waterbottle from Grammy and dumped it in the hole to make a mud pile.
Grammy and Pop left pertty soon after taht (thanks a lot) and the kids kept playing in the mud for another half hour or so. For the most part, they were "icing" a small tree stump that was beside their hole, it was a cake.




















He suddenly realized that his hand was dirty and he didn't like it! He got over it pretty quickly though.














































Mud splattered face from stirring the mud hole!
















Towards the end Isabella and Sophia both used their "icing" sticks to paint their own legs with the mud.







































Alexander grabbed a cracker with his mud covered hands and started eating it, then he spent the next several seconds trying to spit the mud out of his mouth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Vera! I love it! You have got to be the coolest Mom ever!

Sara said...

THAT RIGHT THERE is what it's all about. Seriously.

annie said...

how did I miss this post? I don't know. But it's great. Levi eats mud on a regular basis. I had to get over it a long time ago. Boys. He doesn't try to spit it out though...he embraces the earth.