I read this this morning, in the Message paraphrase and liked it.
God made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together,
he gave me a fresh start.
Now I'm alert to God's ways;
I don't take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I'm watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Do you like the Message bible? Nathan and I have always been a little scared of it. It never sounds like a scripture to me.
I like it for an easy reading kind of thing, not for bible study. But it is interesting sometimes how reading the same old thing, worded a little differently makes it jump out completely differently.
That is wonderful Vera. I'll have to save that!
I love that! I'm always a little "scared" of it too, but I do always love the way it rewords stuff. I have a book that's all Psalm in Message, and it rocks. I might like one of those Bibles that has them both, side by side I've always thought. For kind of jolting me awake when I'm reading familiar scriptures. I don't know.
Post a Comment